Best Free Credit Cards
Is there really a free credit card?
Well yes. Contrary to what you may think, you can request a free credit card from your bank, thanks to which you can make your purchases in complete freedom, without having to worry each time about bringing cash with you or top up your card.
Are there hidden costs? In reality I cannot provide you with an answer that is valid for all credit cards. If the latter is linked to an account which in turn provides for fixed monthly costs, it is clear that the card also ends up having a cost at the end of the accounts. At the same time it is possible that the account and the card are both free and for this reason you will find yourself bearing your expenses with complete peace of mind, without incurring additional expenses.
Beware of the costs associated with withdrawing cash because often this type of transaction has very high charges. Quiet I pointed them out to you, continue reading…
Free credit card: how to choose the best one
When you have to choose a credit card you must not only take into account the fact that it has a zero fee , but you must also take into account the costs of withdrawals in Italy and abroad, as well as obviously its functionality. For example, does the credit card have iban? Or can it be requested online and does it charge ? And what is its duration ? Only by answering these questions will you be able to choose the best credit card that will satisfy your needs.
Paper with and without iban
Using a card without iban you can take advantage of the card’s features without it being necessarily linked to an account. In this way you will be able to make your payments with complete peace of mind, since the money used is only the one you load on the card yourself. If instead you use the one with iban you can receive transfers , pay bills and top up cards that are not linked to the account. With the same features, of course, I recommend you choose the one with iban as it allows you to take advantage of greater functionality. At the same time, you need to take into consideration your needs and based on these, choose whether to prefer a card with or without an iban.
Review of the best free credit cards
Do you want to know which are the best free credit cards around? As already said, I cannot provide you with an answer that is universally valid, however we can find out together what are the main characteristics of those that in my opinion are the best.
Until now I have told you about credit cards on balance, if instead you prefer a prepaid then the DB Contocarta Card is the right solution for you. Unlike many other prepaid cards in circulation, in addition to withdrawing cash, you can also get your salary credited or send bank transfers thanks to the IBAN.
In our opinion this is the best of the 5, it is all at zero cost (in the USD area there is no minimum cost but “only” a 1.75% commission on the amount withdrawn), however it is of a prepaid, that is to say that only money previously loaded can be spent. Nonetheless, it allows many functions as it has the IBAN like a normal credit card. For more details on this card, also read: Prepaid Card Zero Expenses with IBAN Db Contocarta
At this point I told you which are the best free cards out there, but let’s go into details and see their characteristics together.
Terminologies of the table
- On balance: it means that your credit card is linked to a current account thanks to which you can make purchases and make purchases and withdraw cash within the limits set by the contract stipulated with the bank
- Prepaid: it means that you have a rechargeable and free credit card, on which it can load money without you having a checking account
- In installments (revolving card): in practice you can repay in installments the balance you accumulate during the month. In practice you are made a real loan that you can spend, and then return it by paying precisely in installments or
- Annual cost: many cards require an annual cost to be active, but in other cases it can be free
- Activation fee: the possible costs you have to incur to activate the card
- Account-linked card: some credit cards must necessarily be combined with a current account, others not
- Maximum daily withdrawal: some credit cards allow you to withdraw without limits, others have pre-established limits
- Iban yes or no: it is important to know if your card has the iban or not. If you have it you can take advantage of additional features such as bank transfer payment and salary credit
- Card duration: the credit card expires sooner or later and it is essential that you know when
- Circuit: you cannot use your card everywhere, but it is the credit institution that issues it that decides through which branches or shops you can use it
- Top-up costs: many banks force you to top up the card by direct debit from the account, in other cases, however, you have to pay a commission to be able to top it up using alternative instruments
- ATM Withdrawal: You need to know if you can withdraw at all ATMs or there are restrictions
- Online request: with the advent of modern technologies, many banks allow you to request your credit card from the comfort of your home by accessing their online services